Tell me, have you ever heard of mafia? It's a forum game that pits us all in a game of wits. I've been playing it at Screwattack and thought I could start a game here as the moderator.
What is this game?
Mafia is a game where those playing are trying to stop the mafia who are trying to kill everyone, not to mention a psycho killer. The Civilians win when they stop all mafia, the mafia win when they kill all civilians, and the psycho wins when everyone is dead.
Civilians: The normals. They must use this thread to talk with each other and figure out clues with the mafia and psycho to stop them.
Cop: The ultimate civilian, he can't be killed but will lose if the mafia kills all other civilians, or the psycho of course. He's kinda the leader. He can also do an investigation on a player to reveal a clue to see if that character is mafia or the psycho.
Mafia: The bad guys. They must vote via the PM system to rub out the other players. Thing is, they can also post in this thread under disguise as civilians and must redirect the clues among them to kill themselves instead of fellow mafia.
Psycho: A killer who wins when all other characters but the cop are killed. He can kill at the same time as the mafia, otherwise also acts as a civilian.
Bodyguard: Another invincible character until all other civilians but the cop are killed. Basically the last character to die. They can vote during mafia and psycho voting periods and protect one character they think will be attacked.
Sabutauger: A mafia mole. He acts like normal mafia and a civilian must of the time, but every third lynching, he can help a mafia member escape death.
It's a simple game. I'll start by showing the first crime in a written story. Your job as civilians is to try and find clues in the stories and nail the mafia and psycho while they try to kill you in their cycles and use mis-direction.
-The cop and bodyguard are invincible till the end of the game. Also, the bodyguard is secret till attacked or defends another player.
-12 players max. There will be six civilians, one of them being a cop and the other a bodyguard. There is one psycho disguised as a civilian, and five mafia members also disguised. One of the mafia members takes role as a sabutager, able to use their power every third lynching.
- We start with a 24 hour voting period for lynching, which the mafia and psycho can also vote in. Then, there is a period for the mafia to send votes for a hit, while psycho picks a target and the bodyguard picks someone to guard.
- Next is the investigation period when the cop can pick someone to interigate for guilt. If you pick someone who left a clue in one of the stories, he'll be revealed. Then the cycle starts again.
-Every third lynching, the sabutager can also save a mafia member from death, but he must pick the right ne or he waste his chance.
- For clues, all players must update their forum profiles to have 12 things in their interests section. I will use that to make clues in the stories.
- You must come to TGH everyday during the game. It will last a bit depending on the course of events in the game.
- Killed players can still use this thread. However, only civilians can really make use of that. Dead mafia and psychos cannot PM anyone.
- Mafia can talk among themselves via PM and plan things. The psycho can also make alliences and deals via PM. However, the Civilians must use the thread, or there won't be a point to the mafia's and psycho's tactics here. We need to be fair to all sides in this game.
- When I ask for votes, PM me to vote. Do not vote on the thread. I repeat, DO NOT VOTE ON THE THREAD.
That's the just of it. Feel free to post here if you want to join and prepare your profiles as stated above.
^Teh Pwn Shop
Latest Entry - Sly 2: Band of Thieves Review|Twitter