1. my number 1 is easily back when gamestop was babages, I stopped in and saw a sign up sheet for Final Fantasy VII so they would call you when it was released ( this was before the days of pre orders) , at this point I knew absolutely nothing of the game besides its logo, but I did know that final fantasy was at this point my favorite series having played the hell out of Final Fantasy for NES, FF 2 and 3 ( IV and VI ) and mystic quest for SNES, and doing some very nerdy but very fun live action role playing of scenarios from FF VI ( FYI I was always setzer).
I didn't even know the date the game was going to be released, just that it was coming and I was on a call list once it was relased, one day no clue as to what was about to unfold, I come home and my mom is standing in the kitchen door and she says to me "Isn't that Final Fantasy your favorite games?" I told her yes, she then informed me that gamestop called and told her that Final Fantasy VII was out and they had a copy for me if I wanted to come and buy it, so immediately the wheels start turning, how am I going to get 50 dollars to buy this game? I didnt have 5 cents let alone 50 dollars, I was a poor freshman in high school.
thats when it happened, my mom dropped the bomb on me, knowing how much I loved final fantasy, she went all the way out to the mall ( she has anxiety and hates to drive and go into stores ) went in, and bought me final fantasy VII for no good reason other than she knew how much I loved final fantasy, blew my mind, I was speechless, it was a perfect moment.
2. is the dog jumping through the window in Resident Evil.
3. Final fantasy IV and VI as a whole.
4. actually finding a copy of Star Wars : Shadows of the Empire in stock at Kmart and being the first one of my friends to own it.
5. buying my first GameBoy a long with Links Awakening.
6. opening the NES for the first time on christmas morning in 85 I believe it was.
7. getting in trouble in pre-school and getting grounded from playing the atari.
and one that swings the other way, an moment infamous moment I will never forget, spending months maybe even years anticipating final fantasy X, getting it, playing it, and realizing almost everything that made final fantasy great was gone from this game and it just felt like something completely different, and how terribly disappointed I was, infact I have to this day never finished that game.